These tasty gluten free baked bbq baby back ribs were slow cooked so they practically melted off of the bone, and they were served along side coconut fried rice.
I’m always surprised at how much my kids love when my mom makes these, there are never any leftovers.
- 2 racks of baby back ribs
- 1 cup of ketchup
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp worchestire sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 green or red pepper, diced
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil
Cut the baby back ribs into individual ribs and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Saute all the vegetables in oil in a large pan that can go into the oven; add the remaining ingredients. Add in partially cooked ribs and cover with sauce.
Place pan into the oven at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
COCONUT FRIED RICE:
- 2 cups of cooked rice (I cooked mine in a rice cooker with a can of coconut milk, and enough water to cover an inch over the rice)
- 1/2 sweet organic onion, diced
- 2 organic carrots, diced
- 1 stalk or organic broccoli, diced
- 1/2 organic red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup organic gluten free chicken stock
In a medium sized pan, saute vegetable until translucent (almost cooked). Add rice and cooked, adding chicken stock slowly.