These gluten free blueberry streusel muffins are one of my favorites!
Finding a good gluten free muffin recipe is very difficult.
Most call for coconut or almond flour and when they aren’t combined with other flours, they produce dense muffins. So this recipe was a treat to find and make…the results were great.
The muffin itself is flaky and full of blueberries, and the streusel topping adds a crunchy sweet taste.
- 1 cup sweet white rice flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup organic apple sauce
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp flax meal with 6 tbsp warm water
- 1 tsp Simply Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup organic blueberries
Mix the flax meal with the warm water, stir and let it sit and thicken.