If you are looking for an easy chocolate muffin recipe that is not too sweet, this gluten free recipe is perfect.
The consistency and taste is great and using unsweetened applesauce makes them taste delicious without being to sweet.
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup sweet white rice flour
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp (15 grams) Pixie Dust (chia seeds, psyllium husks and flax seed)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup organic butter, melted
- 1 organic egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp Simply Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup organic chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease muffin tins or put in muffin liners.
In a mixing bowl blend flours, sugar, cocoa, flax, baking powder, baking soda, pixie dust and salt. Make a well in the center.
In a separate bowl whisk together butter, egg, applesauce, buttermilk and vanilla. Pour applesauce mixture into well and stir until dry ingredients are just moistened. Add chocolate chips.
Spoon 1/4 cup of batter into each muffin cup and bake for 18 minutes or until springy to the touch. Place on rack to cool.
(yields approximately a dozen)