I love the summer, and all the summer salads that we get to eat. But doesn’t a salad always taste better when someone else makes it?
My mom visits regularly and this time she whipped up this family favorite coleslaw recipe (gluten free :)). (Personally I like mine a little more vinegary so I add more vinegar when it’s on my plate.)
- 1/2 of a large organic cabbage
- 1 organic carrot
- 1/2 organic sweet onion
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of organic mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup organic white vinegar
- 2 tbsp dill pickle juice (to add flavor)
- 2 tsp Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Sugar
- 1 tsp fresh dill weed
- salt and pepper to taste
Cut up cabbage, onion and peel and cut carrot. Add both to your food processor. Pulse until you have desired consistency.
Put into large mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients until everything is coated. Salt and pepper to taste.