Another summer salad! Perfect for packing for a picnic, or bringing over for a potluck, this gluten free creamy greek pasta salad is good!
As always you can modify it by adding in some red onion (hubbie doesn’t like onions) or any other veggie you want.
- 8 oz Tinkyada gluten-free pasta (I used penne)
- 1 ⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large garlic clove, minced or crushed
- 1 tsp Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Sugar
- 2 tbsp Bragg’s Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup organic cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup organic cucumber, diced
- 2 tbsp organic salad dressing of choice (I used Lucini Bold Parmesan & Garlic Artisan Vinaigrette) for extra flavor
- 1/4 cup greek feta cheese
- 1/2 organic avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup organic fresh basil, shredded
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives (I had to put all mine in the center, because I’m the only one who eats them!)
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Cook pasta in salted water until tender (do not stop at al dente).
Drain but don’t rinse. Spread in a single layer on a baking tray to let cool and dry.
Combine mayonnaise, garlic, sugar, vinegar, and mustard in a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth.
Toss pasta in a large bowl with tomatoes and cucumber. Sprinkle with salt and a few turns of freshly ground pepper. Add dressing, and stir gently to coat.
To let flavors meld, cover pasta tightly and chill in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
Adjust salt and pepper to taste and add avocado. Serve immediately, garnished with fresh basil.
Salad will last up to 24 hours.