This is now one of my favorite crockpot recipes – Gluten Free Crockpot Butter Chicken. It’s so simple to make, and it tastes delish! This will definitely be a recurring meal in our house.
- 1 pound boneless skinless organic chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 organic onion, finely minced
- 2 tbsp organic butter
- 3 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1-2 teaspoons Thai Red Curry Paste
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 (6 ounce) can organic tomato paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can organic coconut milk
- 1/2 cup organic plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
In a large glass measuring cup mix together the coconut milk, greek yogurt and cream. Stir in the tomato paste, garlic, ginger and all the spices. Mix well.
Spray the inside of your crockpot bowl with coconut cooking spray or grease with olive oil. Sprinkle the minced onion over the bottom of the crockpot. Add the chicken and then pour the coconut milk mixture over the chicken so the chicken is completely covered. Add the butter and place the lid on the crockpot.
Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours. You can stir once or twice during cooking, but it is not necessary. When ready to serve taste and season with salt and pepper if desired. Serve over rice. (I added veggies for the last hour or so of cooking so that it was a complete dinner!)