I love dates and after making those yummy Matrimonial Squares (date squares) I have been looking for recipes to use them again.
These cookies aren’t as sweet as the date squares yet have a lovely flavor.
Make sure to let them sit on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before moving them (this will help them set and not fall apart).
- 1/2 cup of softened organic butter or Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup of organic sugar
- 1 organic egg
- 1/3 cup of ground almonds/almond flour
- 1/3 cup of ground flaxseeds
- 1 ½ cups of gluten free oats
- 2 cups of pitted and chopped dates
Preheat over to 350 degrees.
Cream together butter/coconut oil, sugar and egg. Add almond flour, flaxseed, oats and dates.
Combine, and then form into small balls and place on cookie sheet. Press balls down gently with a fork and bake for 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cook on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.