This gluten free korean beef bowl recipe is sweet and delicious and can be served over rice or mashed potatoes, with a side of steamed veggies.
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (or olive oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound organic ground beef
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Cooked rice or mashed potatoes, for serving
In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, liquid aminos, sesame oil, red pepper flakes and ginger.
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add ground beef and cook until browned, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain any excess fat.
Stir in sauce mixture and green onions until well combined, allowing to simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Serve immediately over rice or mashed potatoes.
(adapted from Damn Delicious)