Cookie bars are such a quick way to make up school treats for the girls, without having to bake tray after tray of cookies. This gluten free M&M Cookie Bar recipe is so simple and they bake up in less than 20 minutes.
Of course with the sugar, chocolate chips and M&M’s they are sweet, however I just cut them into small squares and the girls have the perfect sized treat for the day.
- 2/3 cup organic butter, room temperature
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cups Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Sugar
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Simply Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups organic peanut butter
- 6 cups gluten free old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet organic chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup m&m candies, for topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Beat together the butter and sugars. Add the eggs, vanilla, syrup, and baking soda.
Stir in the peanut butter. Add the oats and stir again until well combined.
Mix in the chocolate chips.
Press the dough into the bottom of a large baking sheet, or jelly roll pan.
Top with the m&ms and lightly press them into the dough.
Bake for 16-17 minutes, until the bars are lightly browned and just past looking wet on top.
They will not be firm, but they will set up as they cool.