This scrumptious gluten free Morning Glory Muffin recipe is from my friend Kris who has been a very supportive friend through our celiac journey. She has made us feel welcome in her home, going out of her way to serve us gluten free foods and now she is even supplying me with gluten free recipes that she has tried at home.
I hope she knows how appreciative we are to have her, and her family close by :).
- 1 organic apple, peeled, cored, and finely grated
- 2 organic carrots, peeled and finely grated
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 large organic eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp Simply Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup organic almond milk
- 1/4 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/2 cup honey
Preheat oven to 350 and line muffin tin with muffin liners.
Combine the grated apple, carrot and coconut in a large bowl, mix well. Stir in oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
In a separate bowl combine eggs, vanilla, milk, oil and honey. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine.
Fill muffin liners 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.