Delicious, nutritious and easy gluten free quinoa meatballs.
This is a quick last minute dinner idea that tastes great. The cooked quinoa was a nice replacement for bread crumbs and made this meal more nutritious.
- 1 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound organic lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked in gluten free chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup organic onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup organic carrots, grated
- 2 large cloves organic garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped (or dry italian seasoning)
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce (Lee & Perrins is gluten free)
- 1 organic egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Line a baking pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan over medium heat and sauté the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent. Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
In a large bowl, stir together all of the ingredients, except the beef and cheese.
Mix in the beef and cheese by hand and make sure all ingredients are combined well.
Form meatballs by rolling small amounts of meat mixture in the palm of your hand. They should be about the size of a golf ball.
Bake the meatballs for approximately 12-14 minutes.
Serve with your favorite marinara sauce on a bed of gluten-free pasta.