This recipe makes enough for a crowd, or to have leftovers for the next day (it tastes even better!)
- 6 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 large organic cucumber, diced (about 2-3 cups)
- 2 cups organic tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- juice of 3 lemons
- 1/3 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp sea salt
Scoop cool, cooked quinoa into a large bowl. Add diced cucumber, tomatoes, fresh mint, and parsley.
In a small bowl whisk together the ingredients for the dressing. Pour dressing over quinoa and vegetables. Toss together and let sit for some time before serving.
Store leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
(from Nourishing Meals cookbook)