The key to this gluten free raisin scone recipe is to make sure when you take the scones out of the oven you let them sit and cool. If not they can be a little crumbly (but still delicious).
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup sweet white sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp flax seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 organic egg, and enough almond milk to make 1/2 cup
- 1/4 raisins (or any filling you like)
- leftover egg/milk liquid residue
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients. Then slowly stir in the oil and egg/milk mixture. Stir together just enough so that all the flour is picked up by the moisture. Fold in your raisins.
Shape scone dough into a 1/2 inch disc and divided the disc 4 times to make 8 scones. Placed them on a lined sheet pan, washed them with milk/egg mixture, sprinkle a little extra sugar on top and bake for about 20 minutes until slightly golden.
Allow the scones to cool for 10 minutes and serve.