I’m constantly looking for fast, easy and delicious dinner recipes. This gluten free sesame rice noodle recipe is all of the above. I always have these ingredients in the house, and I just throw in whatever veggies we happen to have on hand. I love too that I can modify the taste of the sauce in this recipe, by making it sweeter or more tangy depending upon the moment. I recommend that you add the sauce a little at a time so that you don’t over sauce the dish, and don’t worry if you don’t use it all it can be stored in the fridge for a while.
- 1/4 cup gluten free soy sauce
- 3 to 4 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Sugar
- 3 tbsp organic rice vinegar (I added a couple more)
- 2 to 3 tbsp organic sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp chili garlic sauce (optional)
- 1 to 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- two organic chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cups diced veggies of your desire
- 1/2 package of rice noodles
In a glass measuring cup mix all the above ingredients together. Taste – modify if you would like less sweet or more tangy.
In a pot boil water and add rice noodles. Cook for approximately 5 minutes. Remove and rinse with cold water. At the same time, cube two chicken breasts and cook in a large saute pan with 1 tablespoon of sesame oil. When chicken is almost done, add desired cut up veggies. When everything is cooked through add half of the sesame sauce above. Add rinsed rice noodles and pour remaining sauce ( or less so that you don’t over sauce the dish) over the top and toss everything until covered with the sesame sauce.
Serve and enjoy!