Another yummy summer salad! This gluten free southwestern chopped kale salad was perfect paired with a juicy bbq steak.
Topped with a creamy cilantro dressing, which was simple to make, this was the perfect summer meal.
- medium bunch of organic kale ( I used two different kinds)
- 15 oz. can organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large organic orange bell pepper
- 1 pint organic cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups organic corn (I used fresh corn on the cobb, boiled it, then cut it off the cob)
- 5 organic green onions
- Creamy Cilantro Dressing or other dressing of choice
Finely chop kale, bell pepper, tomatoes, and green onions.
Place all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
Toss with desired dressing.
CREAMY CILANTRO DRESSING
- 1 cup loosely packed organic cilantro, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup plain organic Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp salt
Puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
(adapted from The Garden Grazer)