The recipe for these Triple Berry and Oat Scones is simply delicious. The scone is slightly crunchy on the outside and moist on the inside with sweet flavors of fruit. The sugar on top adds an additional sweet touch that make these a wonderful snack.
- 1 cup superfine brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup sweet white rice flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1 1/3 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/3 cup Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 tsp Pixie Dust
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 10 tbsp organic cold butter
- 1 organic egg
- 1/2 cup cold buttermilk (I used almond milk with 1 tsp lemon juice)
- 1 cup organic berries (of any kind), fresh or frozen
Using a sieve, blend all flours together.
In a large bowl, whisk together the first 9 ingredients.
Take the cold butter and cut it into the dry ingredients and work it into the flour.
Whisk the egg and buttermilk together and add it to the flour and butter mixture.
Fold using a spatula or your hands until flour moist. It will be lumpy and chunky. Just press it together with your hands.
Add the berries and fold.
Pat to a disk that is about 1/2″ thick and cut using a cookie cutter or knife.
Place the scones on a baking sheet and brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle with raw sugar.
Bake at 400 degrees for about 18 minutes or until golden.